Preparation of Personal and Small Business/Proprietorship income tax returns (this is not an accounting or bookkeeping position). The seasonal positions will commence approximately February 17, 2020 and conclude on May 1, 2020. The employee should ideally be available on a part-time basis 7 days a week during that period. Expected work hours needed per week will be approximately 20 – 40 hours, depending on work volume. This is a fast-paced, high-volume tax preparation small business, which prides itself in providing friendly and accurate tax services.
- Diploma or certificate in Tax Preparation, OR a minimum of 3 years tax preparation experience in the field.
- Thorough knowledge of personal and small business/proprietorship tax requirements.
- Be able to work at a fast pace, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented.
- Treatment of all information dealt with in a professional and confidential manner.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English. Asian languages may be beneficial, but preference will be given to bilingual applicants
- High level of proficiency with professional tax preparation software (preferably ProFile).
- Able to communicate effectively with clients in a calm and knowledgeable manner.
- Able to work closing shift to 9pm on some evenings and day-time shift during weekends.
Please reply by email, stating “Application for Tax Preparer” and include your name in the subject title. Provide your Resume, indicating education, tax preparation work experience, and skill set for this position, as outlined in the Job Requirements listed above, availability during the prescribed period, as well as a contact number and email address.
Please note that employees will be required in various locations in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, and hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:30 AM until 9:00 PM and some hours on the weekend (which will vary by location). You may add any additional information relevant to this application.
Suitable candidates will be invited to attend an interview and possibly a tax preparation skills testing during January 2020. Tax update training will also be provided before commencement of the next tax season.